Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
Overview of the Program
The vision of the Delivery Decisions Initiative (DDI) at Ariadne Labs is a world in which every person can choose to start or grow their family with dignity. During the universally vulnerable period in people’s lives that spans pregnancy to parenthood, families deserve care that is safe, supportive and empowering. We draw from a broad range of expertise to bring systems thinking to this challenge.
DDI currently has three primary functions: product development, research and development, and market priming. Our main product is Team Birth, a care process innovation that is designed to improve childbirth outcomes in any setting by ensuring families, birth attendants, and clinicians are working together as high performing teams. We are currently running a trial to test the feasibility of the Team Birth approach with hundreds of clinicians and tens of thousands of families in three geographies across the United States.
Alongside this trial we continually inform our products by conducting discovery-oriented research, often in collaboration with diverse partners, including clinical investigators, designers, and engineers. Through our market priming efforts, we are equally committed to building and driving a social movement that empowers women as participants in their own care, supports their wellbeing through community investment, and removes structural causes of inequity.
Under the Associate Director’s supervision, the Administrative Assistant will support the Director and Associate Director of DDI and team with meeting planning and calendar management which includes: scheduling, making travel arrangements, preparing for meetings, taking notes, drafting documents and presentations, helping the Director and Associate Director prioritize their time, and set-up for meeting or events with external partners. The Administrative Assistant also supports the team as needed with project work, which includes research, tracking, document management and occasional coordination with colleagues in partner institutions.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate professionalism, maturity, flexibility, strong communication skills, strong attention to detail, and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities to support Director and Associate Director of DDI include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage complex calendars
- Arrange domestic and international travel and coordinate complex itineraries
- Prepare agendas and take minutes
- Format and edit slides, documents, presentations, and other materials
- Provide on-site support to teams for meetings, presentations, and special events
- Maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituents
- Represent Ariadne Labs professionally with staff, guests, donors, callers, and external visitors; greet guests, candidates, and donors
- Process financial tasks including expenses and reimbursements, travel booking, and memberships for business-related activities
- Handle requests for information and data with the appropriate tone
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required; provide cross coverage as needed during peak times
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term appointment of one year from date of hire with the possibility of extension.
PLEASE NOTE: Until our return to campus and full operational status, which is still to-be-determined, this interview process and position will take place in a modified manner – including virtual interviews, remote onboarding, and remote work.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Ariadne Labs mission, our community, each other, and ourselves;
- Stewardship of our work and resources;
- Pursuit of excellence, with a focus on continual improvement;
- A belief in a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to our work;
- A commitment to meaningful diversity and inclusion in our work and in the Ariadne Labs community.
Characteristics of people who thrive at Ariadne are:
- humility about the limits of one’s own expertise and experience
- intellectual curiosity
- attention to detail
- willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- 3+ years of related experience required; a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Associates Degree or BA/BS strongly preferred
- Experience working in a matrix organization/environment preferred
- Experience working in academia or a research environment is a strong plus
- Proven office administration and customer service skills strongly preferred
- Experience with the Google information environment is valuable (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, etc.) preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Experience with setting-up video and audio conference calls and virtual meetings preferred
- Experience with personal computers, spreadsheet, graphic, and database programs preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Positive, flexible, professional, and a can-do attitude preferred
- Works well independently and utilizes strong interpersonal skills to problem-solve complex issues preferred
- Develops effective timelines and meet competing deadlines on time and with high caliber deliverables preferred
- Handles complex and confidential information with discretion preferred
For more information or to apply please visit the Harvard Careers Portal and search Requisition#52280BR