Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
Better Evidence at Ariadne Labs envisions that all providers will routinely access the best available evidence for diagnosis and treatment to provide the best possible care everywhere. We work to achieve this by enhancing access and uptake of the latest clinical evidence among current and future health care providers. Better Evidence for Practitioners offers thousands of clinicians in resource-limited settings access to evidence-based clinical resources (EBCR) to impact care and treatment decisions and studies what works. Better Evidence for Training works to develop the habit of accessing the evidence among trainees and faculty by facilitating the use of EBCR in medical schools in sub-Saharan Africa, building on early research findings
that show its utility. We collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders across the world. The Better Evidence team includes the Director and Assistant Director who work on the project part time, a part time Research Assistant, a full time Project Coordinator, and many others from across the Ariadne platforms and beyond. The Administrative Assistant will gain exposure to issues in domestic and global health care delivery and social justice.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Ariadne Labs mission, our community, each other, and ourselves;
- Stewardship of our work and resources;
- Pursuit of excellence, with a focus on continual improvement;
- A belief in a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to our work;
- A commitment to meaningful diversity and inclusion in our work and in the Ariadne Labs
Characteristics of people who thrive at Ariadne are:
- Humility about the limits of one’s own expertise and experience
- Intellectual curiosity
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
The Administrative Assistant will be supervised by the Assistant Director, but will work closely with others on the team. The Administrative Assistant will coordinate a range of program support activities and tasks as well as general support to the teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform administrative duties under minimal supervision at a high proficiency level
- Manage the Program Director’s calendar and speaking requests
- Manage team meetings and related meeting requests including the calendar invitations
- Provide administrative support for meetings and conference calls, including scheduling, drafting/preparing agendas, emails and meeting materials, enabling needed video conferencing, and taking meeting minutes
- Format and edit slides, documents, and other materials
- Compile documents for grant submissions
- Assist with the planning of events including coordinating with venues, catering, and coordinating travel for guests and team members and preparing meeting materials
- Coordinate travel logistics for team members and external partners (as needed).
- Logistics includes, but is not limited to, arranging flights, hotels, meetings, and visas.
- Serve as principal internal and external administrative contact for stakeholders.
- Prepare expense reports and work with grants management to ensure expenses are reimbursed in a timely manner compliant with organization and donor requirements
- Maintain contact information and mailing lists for a large network of external collaborators, partners, and project stakeholders
- Assist with the development, organization, and maintenance of program and project materials, including data collection tools, project management tracking systems, Gantt charts, knowledge management databases, and presentations
- Create and maintain tracking systems for a number of program needs including, but not limited to: publications; relationship management; ethics requirements; research tools and documentation
- Create and maintain filing systems, including version control and organization of program knowledge management system
- Represent Ariadne Labs professionally with staff, guests, donors, callers, and external visitors; greet guests, candidates, and donors
- Provide other support as identified
- Experience with or willingness to learn Google business products (Drive, Docs, Sheets,Calendar) and Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to set-up video and audio conference calls and virtual meetings
Ability to independently manage travel planning (international and domestic)
- Ability to self-direct work and resolve complex situations tactfully and quickly
- Ability to work independently and utilize strong interpersonal skills to problem-solve
- Ability to develop timelines and meet competing deadlines on time and with high caliber deliverables
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy with all stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive, flexible, professional, and a can-do attitude
- Office administration and proven customer service skills
- BA/BS degree
- Ability to learn project content quickly
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Experience working in a matrix organization/environment
- Interest in healthcare, public health, or quality improvement a plus
- Pursues excellence
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills & attention to details
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Embraces change
- Cultural awareness
For more information or to apply please click here.