Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, primary care and palliative care.
The Clinical Quality Improvement Specialist will be part of the Implementation Platform at Ariadne Labs to provide support in designing, testing, and delivering effective quality improvement solutions and implementation plans, in accordance with project goals, to meet the needs of end users. S/he will engage at a deep level across clinical domains to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver scalable and sustainable solutions. S/he will be responsible for fostering relationships between Ariadne Labs and the leaders and champions of healthcare facilities where implementation is taking place, both domestically and internationally, by effectively applying core principles of quality theory.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate partnerships to accelerate adoption of our solutions by integrating usability and implementation principles as projects move from design to spread
- Lead effective project teams and manage relationships with local quality champions and provide ongoing support in implementation efforts through coaching calls, webinars, one-on-one advising, implementation trainings, and remote methods
- Represent and elevate the nursing and/or clinical perspective within Ariadne Labs in developing equitable implementation tools and plans and fostering different perspectives
- Frontline clinical and process experience in order to represent all stakeholders in our work, including patients and families.
- Drive project design and learning to co-develop clear project goals that are visible and are then applied to the development of toolkits and implementation guides that can be adapted and customized for all projects
- Co-design and improve program activities, including modifying program structures, creating curricula, designing and facilitating trainings, developing agendas and testing new approaches to meet desired goals.
- Develop materials, case studies, blogs, training curriculum, webinar content and any other needed materials to support implementation and dissemination activities
- Synthesize lessons learned at Ariadne Labs in implementation, coaching, adaptation, and adoption of interventions among end users in order to improve the interventions and increase Ariadne Labs’ ability to affect change and increase uptake of proven interventions
- Contribute to grant writing, proposal development, scientific writing, and impact assessment to promote the work of the Implementation Platform.
- Foster curiosity to enhance and build knowledge on quality theory and Improvement Science, and be able to apply in all aspects of our work internally and externally.
- BA/BS required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing is strongly preferred
- Masters in related field strongly preferred (MSN, MPH)
- Current licensure to practice in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse is strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience working in in the field of nursing or a related clinical area is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience working in the field of implementation and/or quality improvement is preferred
- Global work experience preferred, specifically in low income countries
- Strong ability to gather, synthesize and translate stakeholders’ needs and provide recommendations
- Strong communication skills, including technical writing, public speaking, small and large group facilitation and training
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including clinicians
- Experience leading/facilitating complex quality improvement initiatives in the healthcare setting
- Experience with managing concurrent implementation efforts with multiple teams
- Project management skills, including being detailed-focused and managing towards aggressive timelines.
- Able to maneuver through complex political situations to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong negotiation, decision making, and delegation skills
- Ability to travel as needed, both domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
- The ability to establish and maintain meaningful relationships with a diverse group of professionals
- Proficiency in French, Spanish, or other languages strongly preferred (e.g. Swahili)
- Strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of the principles of quality improvement and performance measurement
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Familiarity with Google Drive is a plus
- Building Partnerships
- Embracing Change
- Pursuing Excellence
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Organizational Awareness
- Cultural Awareness
To apply or for more information please click here.