Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care and primary health care.
The Budget Administrator will be vital in supporting the efficient and seamless financial operations of Ariadne Labs, a 120 person research and innovation center with an annual budget of $27M split between two parent institutions. The Budget Administrator will guide financial decision making by establishing and monitoring policies and procedures for budgeting and financial reporting within Adaptive Insights (Ariadne Lab’s financial data Consolidation and Budgeting cloud-based software).. In addition, the Budget Administrator will be the primary administrator for the Adaptive Insights system, including data management, development of reports, and user access.
- The Budget Administrator will have primary responsibility for annual, multi-year and ad-hoc budget development and financial reporting functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Leading the preparation of the consolidated, multi-year budgeting for Ariadne Labs
- Managing and refining the annual department and organization-wide budgeting process
- Preparing forecasts and projections, budget versus actual reporting, and development of ad-hoc reports, statements and presentations within the Adaptive System and Microsoft applications
- Meeting with Ariadne leadership and cost center managers to review budget versus actuals, effort allocations across funding sources, and key financial performance metrics
- Ensuring data integrity through regular review and reconciliation of financial data, formulas and financial statements; implementing processes to support data accuracy in Adaptive Insights
- Preparing adjustments, reconciliations and journal vouchers as needed to accurately record expenditures, salary, and allocation of shared costs
- Designing financial reporting templates, dashboards and tools for internal users
- Developing training and reference materials, and delivering training to staff and faculty related to Adaptive Insights, and Harvard and Brigham financial policy and processes.
- Serving as primary liaison with budget system vendor – keeping informed of software updates and additional functionality and revising system settings and processes as needed; communicating changes to users, recommending add-on products, and troubleshooting errors
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, advocating for and creating steam-lined financial processes while maintaining effective controls, and will have strong finance and data analysis skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Years of Work Experience
- 5+ years of related experience required.
- MBA, or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Experience in budget management, particularly in a non-profit setting, preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced-level Excel skills required.
- Experience administering financial systems and data query tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of advanced financial administration principles and fund accounting preferred.
- Strong quantitative and financial reporting skills (required) preferred
Soft Skill Required
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills preferred.
- Effective written communication, oral communication and presentation skills preferred.
- Experience with collaborating effectively with all levels of staff; demonstrated team player preferred.
- Experience using Adaptive Insights preferred.
To apply or for more information please click here.