Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have a major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
The Ariadne Labs Finance team is responsible for maintaining financial operations and reporting under the two-parent systems, including accounts payable & receivable, budgeting, financial planning, and grants management. Led by the Finance Director, the growing team comprises two Assistant Directors, Research Finance, a Senior Grant Manager, an Accounting Manager, Budget Administrator, and Senior Finance Coordinator.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, Research Finance, the Grants Manager will perform diverse financial duties related to the Ariadne-sponsored research portfolio with accuracy and attention to detail. The Grant Manager will provide proactive and efficient professional financial services to internal and external clients.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Ariadne Labs mission, our community, each other, and ourselves;
- Stewardship of our work and resources;
- Pursuit of excellence, with a focus on continual improvement;
- A belief in a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to our work;
- A commitment to meaningful diversity and inclusion in our work and in the Ariadne Labs community.
Our way of doing this work is through:
- humility about the limits of one’s own expertise and experience
- intellectual curiosity
- attention to detail
- willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Maintain a small-mid size portfolio to plan and execute the grantmaking process by ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; supporting the program staff in researching funding opportunities, develop and manage project budgets, financial deadlines, and track grantee results
- Additional Responsibilities include:
- Review and/or process invoice payments, corporate card payments, and expense reimbursements in accordance with policies and procedures
- Prepare account reconciliations, identify and balance variances
- Generate financial reports and other documents to support portfolio spending
- Actively work with the Assistant Director, Research Finance and PI and Program/Platform Team to confirm appropriate cost allocations
- Prepare journal entries, invoices, subcontract and billing agreement and track payment status
- Troubleshoot problems as necessary and work to resolve payment delays
- Develop budgets, proposal preparation and submission in coordnations with Program Team
- Maintain financial and grant related records and other tasks as needed
- BA/BS required; degree in finance, accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of five years of relatable experience preferred (preferably accounting, administrative or financial experience)
- Three to five years exposure to post-award accounting
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools
- Experience working in a matrix organization/environment preferred
- Experience working in a grant-funded environment preferred
- Experience in a hospital and/or academic setting preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with Google Suite preferred
- Experience with fund accounting
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks independently, and take initiative to see tasks through to completion
- Ability to work with confidential data
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills including a positive demeanor and customer service orientation
- Ability to identify roadblocks and effectively escalate issues as they arise
- Positive, flexible, professional, and a can-do attitude
- Building Partnerships
- Pursues Excellence
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Organizational Awareness
To apply or for more information please click here.