Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
The Home Hospital initiative at Ariadne Labs is on a quest to reimagine hospital-level care at home for all communities by designing, testing, and scaling evidence-based patient centered home-based solutions. We transform patient experience using accessible technology, building multidisciplinary teams, and informing policy. Some of our current projects include an international randomized controlled trial to generate evidence of the potential of this model of care in rural settings and designing an acute care home hospital solution for behavioral health patients.
The Home Hospital International Fellow will participate as a full-time member of our team contributing to current innovation efforts, research projects, and building partnerships across institutions. The Fellow is expected to have a solid background as a clinician and/or an academic in the field of hospital-level care at home.
The ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate appropriate preparation to enable them to fully benefit from the experience, including exposure to academic research and competency in English. Applications may come from any relevant profession as long as there is demonstrated evidence of work in the field of hospital-level care at home.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Ariadne Labs mission, our community, each other, and ourselves;
- Stewardship of our work and resources;
- Pursuit of excellence, with a focus on continual improvement;
- A belief in a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to our work;
- A commitment to meaningful diversity and inclusion in our work and in the Ariadne Labs community.
Characteristics of people who thrive at Ariadne are:
- humility about the limits of one’s own expertise and experience
- intellectual curiosity
- attention to detail
- willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Present a lecture or a series of lectures in English about their research
- Be available for consultation by faculty and students with related interests
- Contribute as an expert in current research projects with potential authorship
- Conduct independent research in collaboration with Ariadne Labs team
- Attend Ariadne Labs/HSPH/BWH relevant seminars/lectures/conferences.
- Clinicians (physicians, nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists, paramedics, or other health professionals) with working experience in hospital-level care at home, and/or a doctoral degree in any discipline with substantive research experience in the field.
- Advanced English proficiency – (C1 level)
- At least 3 years of direct experience in hospital-level care at home and 5 years of working experience.
*All documents must be in English.
*All applicants are expected to relocate to Boston for the duration of the fellowship.
- Statement of interest – no more than 500 words indicating why you are interested in being a Home Hospital Fellow and if applicable, identifying a specific research area of interest.
- If applicable, list of publications.
- Letters of reference – 2 letters of reference, one from a current or former direct supervisor and one from a colleague/peer.
The letters must include the following:
- Current date and appropriate title (Visiting Scholar)
- Be addressed to:
Jennifer M. Ivers, PhD
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Institutional letterhead is required
- Letters should be signed (original and e-signature equally acceptable) and sent as a PDF to email@example.com
● Application deadline: Dec. 31st, 2022
● Interviews: February 1-15, 2023
● Decisions made by March 1st, 2023
● Start date: September 1st, 2023. Flexible stay between 6–12-month period based on the academic year.
To apply please click here.