Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to save lives and reduce suffering by developing and implementing solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research and implementation projects in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
The Primary Health Care (PHC) portfolio at Ariadne Labs contains multiple interconnected projects, including the PHC Performance Initiative (PHCPI) project which aims to catalyze improvement in PHC in low and middle-income countries through more and better measurement, country engagement and effective knowledge management. In addition, the PHC team collaborates with country partners in Estonia and India to assess country and state-level primary health care systems, and improvement strategies. The PHC portfolio is expanding rapidly, with active work in multiple countries, and deepening relationships with collaborating partners around the globe.
The PHC Learning workstream intern will be a member of the PHC team at Ariadne Labs which includes physicians, researchers, and program managers. This individual will be supervised by the Learning workstream Research Assistant, and will work closely with the Learning Technical Lead and the PHC Senior Coordinator. The PHC Learning intern will be an important contributor as they support the spread strategy of county improvement materials, an important component of the PHCPI project .Ariadne Labs’ Primary Health Care team is looking for undergraduate seniors or recent graduates interested in health systems innovation to support the projects of the PHCPI Learning workstream with the buildout of our Improvement Strategies materials.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Develop summary decks for the PHCPI Improvement Strategies and Promising Practices body of work
- Support efforts to keep Improvement Strategies content up-to-date, including review of new resources and identifying interlinkages between improvement modules.
- Assist the PHC team broadly in supportive activities, including ad-hoc support for the technical measurement workstream
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to synthesize broad information into targeted messages.
- Strong writing skills with a focus on clarity, brevity and engagement.
- Curious, creative approach to problem solving. Able to take initiative in experimenting and not afraid of failing.
- Positive, flexible, can-do attitude and a team player
- Project and time management skills. Meeting deadlines, editing, engagement, adaptability, organization, communication, teamwork, collaboration. Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree complete or expected by 2021
- Background in public health, global health, systems thinking, political economy, or international development/relations
- Strong interest in national health systems and policy
- Computer skills. MS Office, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Content Management Systems
Our core values are
- Respect for the Ariadne Labs mission, our community, each other, and ourselves;
- Stewardship of our work and resources;
- Pursuit of excellence, with a focus on continual improvement;
- A belief in a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to our work;
- A commitment to meaningful diversity and inclusion in our work and in the Ariadne Labs community.
To apply please click here.