Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to drive scalable solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have a major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research programs in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
The Research Assistant (RA) will join a multidisciplinary team and will report to the Senior Project Manager and will work closely with the Research Manager. They will support all aspects of research from the design of new projects to the dissemination of final results. The work will have a significant focus on data acquisition, structuring, and analysis for all research projects related to the Home Hospital initiative. The RA will also contribute to the development, submission, and updating of research protocols and documentation required by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). In addition, the RA will assist in writing and editing academic manuscripts.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, interpretation and presentation of results.
- Assist in setting up, and training others in the use of, research tools to acquire data based on research protocol (i.e. using RedCap to set up surveys and build dashboards)
- Support applications for ethical approvals including research protocol, study instruments, and modifications
- Assist with the maintenance of program materials, including tracking and filing systems, databases
- Provide support for manuscript and grant writing
- Assists in the development and adaptation of project plans, timelines, and deliverables
- Retrieve and review articles, reports, and statistics for literature reviews
- Prepare and edit slideshows and documents
- Provide other logistical support to multiple projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- PLEASE NOTE: Finalists will be required to submit a writing sample (preferably examples of scientific writing and/or data analysis).
- 2+ years of relevant work experience is required; a combination of education and experience may be considered
Additional Qualifications and Skills
The following job-specific skills and competencies are preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Exposure to applicable computer technologies, including specific software applications such as STATA OR SAS
- Experience working with RedCap
- Interest in clinical research
The following cultural competencies are also preferred:
- Awareness of and aptitude to appropriately and effectively understand, respect, and adapt to cultural and identity-based differences within group environments
- Knowledge of and commitment to concepts and issues tied to social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Skills related to creating and supporting an environment that allows for inclusion, effective intercultural engagement, and personal humility and authenticity
For more information or to apply please visit the Harvard Careers Website and search requisition “60586BR”.