Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our goal is to save lives and reduce suffering by developing and implementing solutions for better care at critical moments in people’s lives everywhere. Better care means better health outcomes, lower costs, and more actual caring. Critical means solving health systems failures that have major impact, typically touching people by the millions. Ariadne Labs currently has research and implementation projects in the areas of childbirth, surgery, palliative care, and primary health care.
The Senior Grants Administrator is a member of Ariadne Labs’ finance team, and is responsible for providing proactive, precise, and efficient customer service to a portfolio of 2-3 programs, often on tight timelines.
- Reporting to Ariadne Labs’ Director of Finance, the Sr. Grants Administrator is responsible for providing pre- and post- award management for a portfolio of sponsored projects at Ariadne Labs. This person will serve as a liaison with internal departments at Harvard School of Public Health, Brigham & Women’s Hospital and
- Partners Research Management and sponsor agencies. The Sr. Grants Administrator will oversee expenditure and reporting on sponsored and non-sponsored accounts, in addition to proposal preparation, annual budgeting and other tasks. Funding sources include federal and non-federal grants, ISAs and contracts, philanthropy, internal billing agreements and other unrestricted support.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Grant proposal preparation and budget development, working closely with program and project teams
- Assisting central sponsored programs staff at Partners HealthCare and Harvard School of Public Health with preparation and review of financial reports required by sponsors
- Liaising with Sponsored Programs and other offices and staff at Partners HealthCare, Harvard School of Public
- Health and Brigham and Women’s Hospital on account set-up, financial reports and other sponsored requirements.
- Creating and disseminating monthly financial reports with key internal and Institutional stakeholders
- Initiating and tracking billing agreements with partner institutions
- Effort allocations and reporting
- Sub recipient monitoring on sub-awards/contracts
- Award modifications
- Financial projections
- Maintaining accounting records and reconciliations
- Updating annual budgets and multi-year projections in the Ariadne budgeting software
- Identifying and resolving issues that arise throughout the life cycle of the award
- Ensuring compliance with Federal and University/Hospital cost principles
- Related job duties and special projects as required.
Experience with a wide variety of sponsored research awards.
Expertise with IP, data sharing, licensing agreements, and contracts (institutional agreements, royalty agreements etc).
Proven record of delivering proactive service to program teams.
Must be able to manage multiple and shifting priorities and interact with a diverse constituency.
Demonstrated experience with electronic grant submission systems, and intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of Excel. Willingness to learn other systems and processes is essential.
Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational capabilities.
Strong financial skills (budgeting, accounting, A/P, A/R, reporting).
Must be self-directed, possess ability to use high degree of judgment, work independently with minimum supervision in a fast paced deadline driven environment. Attention to detail and ability to multitask essential. Must be a team player with a strong service oriented and collaborative attitude.
Must be comfortable working within a matrix environment.
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum five years of work experience required.
To apply please click here.