Better Evidence works with UpToDate®, the world’s leading evidence-based clinical resource, to grant free UpToDate subscriptions to practitioners serving vulnerable communities around the world. UpToDate provides medical information that healthcare providers can easily access on or offline.
Apply for a free year-long subscription to UpToDate or renew your existing subscription here:
Please note: applications for subscription renewal will be processed no sooner than 3 months before current subscription expiration.
To qualify, Better Evidence UpToDate Donation Program applicants must:
- Be a physician, surgeon, nurse, physician’s assistant, or medical student outside of the United States.
- Volunteer/work for a public or non-profit entity.*
- Have at least intermittent Internet access.
- Be able to complete the application in English.
- Explain how your work directly aligns with our program aim.
- Verify that neither you nor your institution can afford UpToDate.**
*For-profit organizations are not eligible to apply.
**UpToDate has a tiered pricing structure for countries outside of the United States and provides discounted rates for groups as well as residents, students, and other physicians in training. For information on the cost of UpToDate in your area and for your profession/role, please visit the following webpage: UpToDate Customer Information.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on the application and renewal processes and other common questions.