Better Evidence for Clinical Care grants clinicians free access to evidence-based digital tools to ensure that they have the information needed to diagnose, treat, and advise their patients.
Since 2009, we have worked with UpToDate, a leading clinical decision support tool, and other digital tool providers to facilitate free access to health workers in low resource settings around the world. We have provided more than 160,000 subscriptions to clinicians working in more than 175 countries.
Apply for a free year-long subscription to UpToDate or renew your existing subscription here:
To qualify, Better Evidence UpToDate Donation Program applicants must:
- Be a physician, surgeon, nurse, physician assistant, or medical student outside of the United States.
- Volunteer/work for a public or non-profit entity.*
- Have at least intermittent Internet access.
- Be able to complete the application in English.
- Explain how your work directly aligns with our program aim.
- Verify that neither you nor your institution can afford UpToDate.**
*For-profit organizations are not eligible to apply.
**UpToDate has a tiered pricing structure for countries outside of the United States and provides discounted rates for groups as well as residents, students, and other physicians in training. For information on the cost of UpToDate in your area and for your profession/role, please visit the following webpage: UpToDate Customer Information.
See our Resources page for materials that can be used to learn more, spread the word, and train others about this program.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on the application and renewal processes and other common questions.