The Serious Illness Care Program partners with foundations, health care systems, and organizations with mission alignment. These partnerships allow for innovation, testing and dissemination of our tools, curriculum design, and other educational offerings and systems change elements.
Ways to partner and collaborate with us:
Bring the program to your organization
We develop partnerships with leaders and teams at health care organizations interested in driving culture change in serious illness care. When partnering with us, you’ll gain access to:
- Training for interprofessional clinicians on using the Serious Illness Conversation Guide;
- Training teachers to deliver the guide training;
- Tools and support for effective leadership and engagement, practice change, and measurement strategies, including electronic health record system resources, dashboards, and quality metrics; and
- A digital implementation platform with adaptable tools and resources.
Help us grow the evidence base and develop new tools
We are interested in collaborating with researchers and implementers to advance the science and impact of serious illness conversations and care. Current areas of focus include:
- Identifying best practices in adapting and implementing the program across diverse organizational contexts.
- Growing our evidence base of the program’s effectiveness in improving equity and reducing disparities in care quality for racial minorities and marginalized communities.
- Evaluating SICP’s impact on patient experience using new validated measures that reflect our vision of humanizing health care, including feeling heard and understood & known and cared for as a person; and goal-concordant care (an elusive measure to date).
- Evaluating the impact of the program on clinician experience, well-being, and meaning at work.
- Exploring how program implementation can impact healthcare utilization.
Support impact and scale of Serious Illness Care
We partner with mission-aligned organizations interested in disseminating tools, training, and technical assistance to their networks. Our goal is to create serious illness care leadership hubs that are equipped to scale best practices to their members and communities.
Become a Solution Partner
We partner with companies and organizations focused on developing solutions to address specific elements of serious illness conversations and care. These include electronic health record vendors and teams developing advance care planning solutions.
Health System Partners
- Atrius Health*
- Baylor Scott & White Health
- BlueGrass Care Navigators*
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- BroadLawns Medical Center*
- CareMount Medical, P.C.*
- Casa de Salud*
- Erie County Medical Center*
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest
- Lahey Health
- Lehigh Valley Health Network*
- Lowell General Hospital
- Maine Health*
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Montefiore Health*
- NHS England and Royal Liverpool Hospital
- Penn Medicine
- Roper St Francis
- RWJ Barnabas Health*
- Saint Joseph Mercy Health System*
- San Francisco Health Network*
- Stanford Health*
- South Carolina Hospital Association
- South Shore Hospital*
- St Luke’s University Health Network*
- Texas Oncology*
- UMass Memorial Medical Center*
- University Medical Center New Orleans*
- University of Vermont Health Care*
- UPMC Susquehama*
*Health system participated in one of two implementation collaboratives between 2018 and 2020.
Our work is made possible through the generous support of:
- Branta Foundation
- Cambia Health Foundation
- NHS Foundation Trust
- The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- The John A. Hartford Foundation
- Rx Foundation
- Duke Endowment
- The Arthur Vining Davis Foundation
- Anonymous Donor
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts