Every agency, bureau, or department in your city touches the lives of birthing people in some way. How are your programs supporting the wellbeing of moms and families?
What local dashboard users are saying:
The Maternal Wellbeing City Dashboard provides data and narratives to help you identify which maternal health priorities may have the greatest impact to improve birth equity in your city. These data can also help you obtain accountability for results, and track progress toward achieving equitable wellbeing for all.
The use cases below provide examples for how you could use the dashboard from your position as a Civil Servant. One of the most important values of the dashboard is as a tool to engage other local stakeholders about maternal health — check out how others could use the dashboard as Policy Advocates, Local Legislators & Staff, or Direct Service Providers & Nonprofits.
Explore the Dashboards
How can you engage with the dashboard?
Learn about how you can use the dashboard to support birthing people in your community:
Educate family advocates and the general public on maternal health issues
Share dashboard link with colleagues, advocates, and communities
- Save or bookmark the short link for the Maternal Wellbeing City Dashboard for future sharing
- If you receive a general inquiry about maternal health in your city, share the link to the landing page. If you receive a more specific inquiry about a particular domain or topic, review the left hand tab menu to identify the issue area or domain page that best addresses the inquiry and share the link to that page
- Add a personal note to encourage your constituents to explore livability for birthing people in their communities and connect in with other initiatives or programs you may be aware of or working on
Empower community partners with data to uplift their stories and programs
Incorporate data or visualizations into public education campaigns
- Review the left hand tab menu or the promo cards at the bottom of the landing page to identify the issue areas or domains that can best support your public education campaign
- Review the most relevant domain pages for data and narratives that can inform or support the key messages of your campaign
- Navigate to your domain(s) of interest and copy or download narrative, data points, visualizations, or references to support your campaign
Plan programs to support maternal health with colleagues and community partners
Reference dashboard to identify priorities for programs and initiatives
- Review the graphic on the landing page to understand the different neighborhood and community factors affecting maternal health
- Use the left hand tab menu or promo cards to explore the issue areas or domain pages for factors that could be priorities in your community based on the areas with the greatest inequities and opportunities for improvement in the data
- Validate these priorities with your internal agency data and community members to ensure that policies meet local needs and build on community strengths
Read our white paper to learn more about the design and testing of the Maternal Wellbeing City Dashboard.
Read a case study on Tulsa or Pittsburgh.
Reach out to our team at email@example.com.